If you love sweet breakfasts (or brunches), then this healthier version of pancakes and ice cream is for you!
This is an awesome breakfast or brunch for these hot summer mornings.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and made using whole food ingredients. It’s pretty much good enough for breakfast!
PANCAKE RECIPE (makes 6 – 8 crepes)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (or finely ground oats in a blender)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 90ml tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 200g apple puree (or mashed banana)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence / 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil or grapeseed oil for frying
- Sift and stir together all dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Process all wet ingredients in a food processor and add to dry ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and pour around 1/3 cup batter into the pan, cook for around 2 minutes a side.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for 6 hours
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp liqueur of choice, optional
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Freeze for 1 hour and then blend again.
- Allow to freeze for at least 6 hours.
- You can thaw a little before serving, blend and then freeze again for 2 hours to create a softer ice cream texture.